Aire Place Studios Safe Space Policy:
1. Everyone enters the spaces (Main Building and Weighbridge) with a commitment to
mutual respect, mutual aid, anti-oppression, advocacy, conflict resolution, non-violence,
direct democracy, and community building.
2. We respect everyone’s names, preferred gender pronouns, expressed identities, and
experiences. We avoid making assumptions, promote mutual appreciation, and
understand that no one is required to share information about their identities or
3. We support the empowerment of each person and strive to continually acknowledge the
histories and structures of oppression that marginalize some and divide us all.
4. We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible; physically, socially, and
5. We do not engage in violence or threats. Anyone engaging in these within the spaces will
6. We obtain explicit consent for physical touch or using others’ belongings.
7. We recognize that certain behaviour can be triggering for individuals, such as trivializing
or dismissing someone’s thoughts or experiences.
8.We commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
9. We accept a shared responsibility where we hold ourselves and one another accountable
to these agreements, without violence, judgement, or assumption of intent.
10. We encourage open minds and open hearts. We do not assume the intentions of others
in order to foster a non-judgemental and accessible environment.
11. We promote inclusive learning spaces. We encourage anyone who is feeling less than
familiar with terminology, concepts, or context to ask questions in the spirit of personal